FAQ / Care
- I make all of my ceramics by hand in my Brooklyn studio and fire them to cone 6 in an electric kiln. All of my glazes are lead-free and dinnerware safe, unless explicitly noted in the product description. I will always tell you when a piece is for decorative use only. If there is no warning, it is appropriate for serving food and drinks.
- My functional ceramics are technically microwave and dishwasher safe, but I wash all of my own pieces by hand. Occasionally, I also lightly scrub unglazed surfaces with baking soda, and I avoid extreme changes in temperature (freezing to boiling, for example). It's my preference and my recommendation to you.
- Because of the nature of handmade, no two pieces are identical, and there might be slight variations in the shape, size, color, and finish of items that are made to order from what is photographed here. These variations are so small that you may not notice them, but if you do, rest assured -- they are not flaws. Every piece has a unique character, and I hope you appreciate each of them as much as I do.
- I want you to be happy with my ceramics. If you are unsure about an item, contact me with questions and concerns, so I can help you make a selection.
- If you'd like me to alert you when I add new items to the shop, please submit your email address via the Contact page. Thank you!